Restorative Yoga In Woodbury
We live in a fast-paced world where people are obsessed with hustling, being busy, multi-tasking and getting more done. This often leads to a buildup of tension and stress, resulting in an urgent need to slow down and create space to experience as well as process thoughts and emotions. The antidote to stress is deep relaxation, where there is no movement or effort, the brain is quiet and there is a mindful awareness of the breath.
Restorative Yoga helps you do just that by making you mindful and resilient, allowing you to relax as well as de-stress. Restorative yoga helps relieve the effects of stress by utilizing props to create a truly supportive environment. As the props lessen the amount of energy needed to support the body, the body conserves energy allowing the nervous system to relax, creating a deliberate state of stillness which allows the body to restore and renew.
Interested in Restorative Yoga? Find Restorative Yoga classes near me in Woodbury!
What Is Restorative Yoga?
Think yoga but with longer asanas – postures or poses – and deep breathing.
A restful practice, gentle therapy, passive healing, and a supportive form of mediation, Restorative Yoga is the ultimate form of yoga in which you hold the poses for a longer duration – anywhere from 5-20 minutes.
In Restorative Yoga, you use props such as blankets, blocks, and bolsters that support your body during different poses and allow you to immerse yourself deeper in the pose, focus on your breath and, in turn, truly relax.
Get in touch to know more about Restorative Yoga!
The Array of Benefits of Restorative Yoga
Restorative Yoga offers an array of benefits, including:
- Deep Rest and Relaxation – From calming the nervous system to releasing the tension in your body, Restorative Yoga empowers you to rest and relax unlike anything else.
- Peace That You So Long For – By improving mood, relieving stress and anxiety, and helping fight depression by decreasing cortisol levels, Restorative Yoga works wonders for you.
- Holistic Healing – Restorative Yoga restores the body to its optimal parasympathetic nervous system function, helping to physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually heal you.
- Quality Sleep – A good quality and quantity of sleep is essential for your health and wellbeing. Restorative Yoga increases the production of melatonin, the hormone that regulates sleep and wakefulness
- Flexibility and Balance – Whether you are an athlete or not, you can significantly improve the quality of your life by making Restorative Yoga a part of your fitness routine. It can increase strength, stability, mobility, and endurance by decreasing blood pressure, increasing good cholesterol, quieting the adrenal glands, improving circulation to and from organs, and soothing the nervous system.
- Overall Health – Be it migraines, recovering from an illness or injury, mood disorders, sleep and breathing problems, chronic and musculoskeletal pain, immune system imbalance or heart disease, Restorative Yoga helps manage them all, promoting a healthy lifestyle.
So, what are you waiting for?
Embrace Restorative Yoga in Woodbury at Absolute Yoga and elevate your life.
Checkout restorative yoga near me classes!
Embrace The Art Of Relaxation: Enroll In Restorative Yoga Classes in Woodbury
Absolute Yoga is redefining the health and wellness industry, one restorative yoga class at a time.
Home to certified and experienced restorative yoga instructors committed to helping people create time as well as space in their lives, unwind, experience calmness and clarity, and become the best version of themselves, we leave no stone unturned in providing highly personalized and effective restorative yoga classes in Woodbury.
Whether you are a beginner or someone who practices yoga regularly, restorative yoga classes by Absolute Yoga can elevate your life.
Come take a restorative yoga class with us and experience the difference it creates.