Absolute Love Yoga Retreat – Under the Tuscan Sun
Our home for the week is an 800 year old, fully refurbished villa that sits majestically on a hill in rural Tuscany, inviting us to retreat in its tranquil antiquity. Feel your senses come alive in the natural light and ancient history of Tuscany. This place offers beautiful landscapes, rolling hills, exquisite food, local wines, cheeses, and olive oils as well enchanting Tuscan culture.
Close by there are many hikes to explore and country roads to encounter leading us to medieval towns like San Gimignano, Radicondoli and Volterra.
Morning and evening practices will bookend our daily adventures, as we take time to soak in the Tuscan sun, breathe the fresh country air, and embark on excursions to explore the natural and cultural beauty of this rich countryside.
- 7 nights lodging at Locanda Cugnanello villa
- Daily yoga and meditation practices with Leslie and Elyce (morning and evening, most days)
- All meals (except for lunch on our two excursion days) – fresh and locally sourced
- Complimentary local wines served nightly with dinner
- Wine tasting in Cugnanello’s own wine cellar
- Pizza night – build your own pizzas cooked in an outdoor, traditional Tuscan wood fire brick oven
- All day beverage service at Cugnanello, including Italian coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea; sparkling water and juices; and filtered water (bring your own refillable bottle)
- Outdoor saltwater swimming pool
- Boccia and sand volleyball
- Fitness room
- Private group transportation from Florence Airport to Cugnanello on the retreat start and end dates
- Day trip excursion to San Gimignano, a vibrant Italian hill town encircled by 13th century walls, filled with medieval houses, towers and a beautiful 12th century Duomo.
- Day trip excursion to Siena on Wednesday – street market day – to shop, people watch, and explore the ancient town, including its renowned Duomo and Piazza del Campo
- Afternoon agriturismo outing to visit a local family-owned working farm for cheese and olive oil tasting
- Hiking (includes transport to trail heads, when needed)
- Van transport for short trips near Cugnanello
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
- Cost of lunch on day trip excursions
Optional Activities (Additional cost):
- Bike rental and/or guided bike tour
- Horseback riding
- Cooking lesson
DAILY YOGA PRACTICES:
Morning Active Practice — Wake up with an early active practice exploring the body, mind and spirit in this tranquil surrounding.
Mini Workshops — On days when we are not out exploring the countryside, will meet for a short time to explore various yoga topics, such as yoga philosophy, chakras, subtle energy, mudras, or chanting.
Evening Gentle Practice — Our evening practice will be slow, contemplative and fluid including yin yoga, restorative yoga, meditation and yoga nidra.
THIS IS YOUR RETREAT … A TIME TO RESTORE, RELAX, RENEW
Yoga practices and activities are scheduled daily, however, we do not want you to feel any pressure to do it all. Please participate to your own degree, in as many or as few activities as you wish. This is your retreat, what your body, mind and spirit needs. Honor that, giving yourself the time, space and freedom to relax and renew. Taking time for yourself, listening to your own body and intention, is what a retreat is all about. Enjoy what the sumptuous surroundings have to offer — tranquility, open space, breathtaking scenery and, most importantly, a special place of peace and calm to nourish your soul.
This retreat is limited to 20 participants. You are encouraged to register early.
Singles starting at $2595 (early bird)
Doubles starting at $2095 (early bird)
Triples starting at $1995 (early bird, must designate roommates)
Visit www.cugnanello.com to read more about this retreat villa, view photos of accommodations, and to fall in love with this beautiful location! JOIN US!
Arrival Day: Saturday, May 2, 2020
• Private group transportation will be provided from the Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport to Locanda Cugnanello. Please note that there are no direct flights from the US to Florence. You can fly into Rome or another major European city and connect. Or you can fly into Rome and take the train to Florence.
Please advise us as to your travel arrangement ts when you have booked them.
- Room check in begins at 4pm
- Retreat activities begins around 5pm with a Welcome yoga practice. Dinner will be served around 7:30pm. During dinner we will enjoy our first Tuscan sunset together (official sunset time is 8:18pm). Perhaps sipping a glass of wine or sparkling water, we will relax in the afterglow of the sunset for the evening.
- 8:00am Morning Yoga Practice
- 9:30am Breakfast
- 11am Day excursion on the days we are touring or mini workshop and time to relax, renew, restore
- 1pm Lunch on the days we are at the Villa
- 5pm Evening Yoga Practice
- 7:30pm Dinner
Departure Day: Saturday, May 9, 2020
- We will have an early morning practice followed by breakfast, our final meal together.
- Room check out is 10:30am
Private group transportation will be provided and will depart Locanda Cugnanello at two separate times (to be determined once flights are booked).
If you are not planning to travel after the retreat, we recommend that you stay over Saturday night in the city of your departure airport and fly out on Sunday so as not to feel too rushed, easing your transition from retreat back to real life.
TRAVEL TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS
- If your schedule allows, consider arriving a day or more early into Florence or elsewhere in Italy, to allow for unexpected travel delays and to relieve any jet lag.
- Travel Insurance – The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase travel insurance. Depending on the type of insurance purchased, it can protect you in the following situations: you cancel your participation in the retreat, the retreat is cancelled due to weather, natural disaster, political upheaval or other unforeseen event, lost luggage, medical expenses and the cost of return should you become ill or injured on the trip, etc.
PRICES AND PAYMENT:
- This retreat is limited to 20 participants. You are encouraged to register early.
- Room Types: Pictures and further descriptions are available on the Locanda Cugnanello website.
- All rates below are per person.
- If registering before December 2, 2019, a $500 nonrefundable deposit is due with your completed registration form with the balance due March 2, 2020.
- If registering between December 3, 2019 and March 1, 2020, a $1000 nonrefundable deposit is due with your completed registration.
- If registering on or after March 2, 2020, full payment must be submitted with your completed registration form.
- Forms of payment accepted: cash, check or Venmo. Unfortunately, credit card will require an additional 2% processing fee.