• understand how the spine moves and develop a foundation of strength and flexibility to facilitate movement and feel better
• learn how to fully relax and engage muscles through mobility and stabilization
• strengthen postural muscles so you will not only feel better but look better too
• stretch safely within your own range of motion
• focus on your breath to facilitate movement
2 SESSIONS: FEBRUARY 25 and MARCH 11
1pm – 4pm
$55 for one session | $100 for both
This class is designed for anyone looking to begin a meditation practice or someone who would like to deepen their current practices.
This class will incorporate the following:
• Mindfulness Meditation
• Discussion & Inquiry of Practice
DEBORAH DeBETTA is a teacher of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) where she studied at the University of Massachusetts Medical School Center for Mindfulness. She studied under Dr. Jon Kabat- Zinn and Dr. Saki Santorelli in Mind-Body Medicine, and completed the intensive formal training in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and continues to deepen her understanding with silent retreats and continuing educational studies. Deborah is the creator and founder of Mindfulness Based Physical Education, and has created and taught Mindfulness programs throughout Long Island for teachers, students, administrators and parents. Her extensive education includes a MA in physical & health education, BA in Psychology and Special Ed/Elementary Ed, 200hr Registered Yoga teacher, and a Reiki level 2 practitioner.
• Anatomy and Physiology based on Ayurveda principles
• Diagnostics (how to identify doshas
• The importance and relevance of the tongue and pulse for Ayurveda diagnostics
Sun. 3/26 | 12pm – 6pm | EVERVEDA in Oyster Bay | $120*
• Ayurveda daily practices – tongue cleaning, neti pot, abhyanga
• Herbs and teas
• Nutrition and cooking
*$120 Fee includes cooking materials and take-home gifts
For more info about EVERVEDA, visit everveda.com.